Monday, August 18, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 8

CURRENTLY READING ANYTHING?




Tiffany:

This is actually a funny time for me to answer this question.  I am a true book lover!  I have a kindle, a library card, and still have a deep affection for the pages of an actual book.  I believe that books can be for education and enlightenment, but mostly, I think books are a great way to lose yourself for a little while.  I get so focused, and stressed on all that I need to do, that I love the escape.  Normally, I am a SciFi/Fantasy book type of reader (I bet everyone is shocked by that).  I almost never read anything too serious, or biographies, however, Amazon suggested I would like a book, and Amazon knows me, so I got it.  I actually just finished it.  The book is called High on Arrival.  It's Mackenzie Phillips' memoir.  I was sucked in, surprisingly.  She has had quite a life.  I had a hard time with how dispassionately she described some of the horrific things that happened to her, and how passionately she described small events, but she does explain why.  Overall, it was worth the read.  Now, back to my SciFi/Fantasy genre, unless Amazon tells me I need to read something else.

Melanie:

I love to read. It is a complete escape for me. I am about to make an admission here. I read trashy, cheap, romances. There I said it. If they have a supernatural bent, all the better. But I also have always loved and will continue to read Steven King, Dean Koontz and Janet Evanovich, but oh will Stephanie just frickin pick already.

No comments:

Post a Comment