Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blog Challenge Day 6

SOMETHING FOR YOUR KIDS TO KNOW




7 of the 8 Crazy Navy Brats, 2 years ago.


Tiffany:

This is entirely too much of a question.  Something for them to know about what?  We spend 18 years trying to impart as much of our knowledge and wisdom on them as possible, and I still call my mom for advice.  I am probably making the topic to complicated (I do that).  Let's see.  I think above all I want my kids to know that they are loved, and I'm always here for them.  There is nothing that my children could do to make me not love them, and be there for them.  My love for them is unconditional.

They should also know that the world is full of possibilites, and opportunities, but nothing comes easy.  They need to work hard to succeed.  Go to college, always wear clean underwear, eat your vegetables, don't drink, smoke, or do drugs, never stop striving to learn all you can, appreciate the small things in life, never change yourself to fit in, always be you.  I could go on and on, and I do, to them.  I just hope some of it sinks in.  Life experience is the truest teacher, but if they could learn from my mistakes, instead of making too many of their own, that would be amazing.

I have so much to tell them, and share with them, and experience with them. Above all though, I just need them to know just how much I love them, and always will.

Melanie:

I completely agree with what Tiffany said above. I tell my kids I love them, but I have also told them I don't like the behavior they are currently displaying. I let them know that life is full of mistakes and that most are fixable. Some are hard to fix, and some are embarrassing to fix, but you still need to follow through. Life is full of choices, and there are consequences for each choice that is made. Whether good or bad. I want them to to stand up for themselves, and for others, and to know that I will stand in front or behind them know matter what. I am a Mamma bear.

I love each and everyone of them and have accepted that though they are differen,t and  I have a different type of relationship with each one, I love them all and let them know it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment