Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When I Think About Cheating

Okay here it is. Laying it out there. Sometimes I cheat. At Crafts. Sometimes I don't have time to sit down with my sewing machine, and get piping and zippers, and then the whole seam ripping part going on... so I take a short cut or two. Sometimes it doesn't pan out but sometimes it works like magic. One of my favorite and recent craft hacks involved my little bench and it's cushion. The cushion was gross and did not want to come clean. I have fabric stock piled (a dirty secret), but kept putting it off. Finally motivation presented itself in the form of several guests coming by. 

I took out a yard of green, white and black floral fabric that I just loved. Laid it flat and wrapped it around the cushion. I used a piece of chalk to mark off where I wanted to cut it. I cut the fabric down and folded over the long sides first. Then secured them with safety pins. I did the same on the short sides. The corners were only a tiny bit more difficult. I had to fold and gather the fabric, smoothing and pinning as I went. All in all it was less that 10 minuets. Didn't permanently alter the cushion and I can change it or wash it anytime I want. 


#crafthack





No comments:

Post a Comment