Monday, March 31, 2014

March Beauty Subscriptions


Do to extremely annoying technical difficulties, this month's beauty subscriptions are coming to you in a blog post, instead of a video. I apologize for depriving you of our lovely, smiling faces. :) Let me talk about Ipsy first.

We both receive Ipsy, and this month received the exact same things.


Every single Ipsy subscriber received the exact same four items. In the exact same colors. A bit disappointing, not only because of the sameness, but because of the number. Although they are four nice sized samples, we are used to five or six. Let's get into the items we did receive.


First, a bareMinerals lipstick in Get Ready, from their new Moxie line. It's a beautiful berry shade that is smooth and velvety. I love the color and texture. It came with a coupon for a sample of the mascara in the Moxie line, and free shipping for my next order. Bonus!

Verdict:  I love it. I wish it lasted a bit longer, and didn't cost so much, but I love pretty much anything from the bareMinerals line.


Next,  Nicole by O·P·I in On What Grounds? Roughles (pronounced ruffles), textured nail polish. It's a lovely shade of light blue, and a full size bottle.

Verdict:  O·P·I is a great nail polish. I love the color. I'm just not a huge fan of textured polish. I know it's the IT thing right now, just not for me.



Next, a gorgeous eyeshadow quad from Be a Bombshell, in Nora Nora. Two fairly neutral brown shades, a coppery color, and a bright turquoise.  We get samples from Be a Bombshell frequently, and I am never disappointed.

Verdict:  Soft, shimmery, very pigmented, beautiful colors. I love it. Be a Bombshell makes quality products. Don't be afraid of the bright colors. A little bit of the turquoise with the browns looks fantastic. Have fun with them!


Lastly, Flawless Beauty Primer by pixi. In the past, I received a mascara by pixi, that I really liked. I was disappointed to find out that it cost $18. A little pricey for my budget, but if I have a little extra, definitely worth the investment.

Verdict:  The primer is light, smooth, and a bit thinner than most primers. It gives minimal coverage as well, since it is tinted. I love it. It is a really good primer. It gives you a nice glowy finish too. So if you prefer a more matte finish, you will want to use a powder over. I really like it.

Overall verdict:  Although I was a little disappointed about the fewer products, and the fact that everyone received the exact same things, Ipsy was a hit, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment